Monday, January 26, 2009

Guac Bowl!



Guac Bowl is this Sunday.  And it's just about the most important thing to happen to holidays (if you, like me, consider Super Bowl sunday a holiday) since, well, Halloween.  The rules are simple: bring a guac, try everyone else’s guac, then vote. There are four categories open to competition:

•Best Traditional Guac (no weird ingredients),
•Best Alternative Guac (some special ingredient, or prepared unusually),
•Best Presentation (which has become, over the years, the most creative and impressive category -- see photos),
•The Icarus Award (for the guac that attempts to fly the highest, only to fall the furthest). 



Last year I won Best Presentation for my GuacAlien, and I'm hard at work creating this year's entry.  It's a secret for now, but I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.  Meanwhile, check Adam's Guac Bowl site for more information, ideas on hosting your own Guac Bowl, and tons of pictures from years past.



No comments: