Monday, October 6, 2008

Saul Bass-Inspired Movie Poster Remixes.



Artist Tom Whalen makes new posters for old movies.  Heavily inspired by the original poster master Saul Bass -- as well as Russian constructivist poster art, comic books, and his "unhealthy obsession with Japanese monster movies" -- these are truly a sight to behold.




I love, love, LOVE this technique.  Simple, bold, and effective.  I feel that Saul Bass, propaganda posters, and comics heavily influence my graphic design work, too... maybe I'll try to do a Superman: The Movie poster in this style as a side project.

Visit Tom's Portfolio, his Design Blog, and this article /Film did about him (and dig that Dawn of the Dead poster!)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Rob, I really dig your blog! You now have your very own place on my RSS.

Saul Bass's posters are awesome. I've always had a latent interest in design that for some reason I've never really explored, but this simple yet vibrant style is something that I really love.

Rob said...

Thanks, Deb! :)